- Marine / Standard styles are available.
- The Kid comes in a marine/RV version that includes a mounting kit, battery temp sensor and is available in black or white.
- Two-line display included. Allows for programming and viewing data logging etc.
- LED modes display a charity of information. Allowing for an “at a glance” view of the last time the battery was full.
- Twin Mode: True Paneling
- As your power needs grow, add more modules to the array and a second kid.
- We have the ability to put two charge controllers on a single PV array. One basically turns off its control module if you will and gets dry from the primary one. Primary one will control both power centers and display everything on a single screen so basically becomes a 60amp controller so if you’ve done a small system and you want to extend but still haven’t taken the controller out. You can just parallel a second one on that. All you have to do is decompile the array wires into two different controllers.
- Sync Mode
- You can parallel multiple KID’s on a single battery. The Kid uses a simple networking protocol allowing for up to 16 Kids on a single battery with coordinated charging using standard phone cable.
- Power Handling
- 12V Battery – up to 500W PV array.
- 24V Battery – up to 750W to 1000W array.
- 48V Battery – Up to 1500W PV array.
- Battery Support
- Supports 12v through 48v battery systems and virtually and chemistry. (Unlike some of our competitors, we do not offer windows. So, if you pick 24v you’re not bound between say 20v and 30v, you could pick 12v and crank it all the way up to 45 volts. So, if you’ve got a 29v battery or a 31v battery or any odd voltage, we can adjust that, no problem. It’s adjustable from 10v to 64v on the Marine version. And it’s adjustable from 10v to 100v on Standard version).
- Once you start the Kid up, you’re getting a Quick Start Guide and interestingly way off topic but, we have a language package coming soon. We already have a Spanish and French firmware available. There will be more languages included in the near future.
- The absorb timer is adjustable all the way to 0 minutes in case Absorb needs to be defeated for your battery chemistry.
- Firmware Updates
- Drag and drop upgradeable firmware, making sure the KID is never out of date! Works with Windows and Linux.
- Built-in USB port allows the user to upload firmware updates.
- New features are easily added to the KID in the field by doing a simple firmware update.
- Firmware updates will always be available on our website at no charge!
- Wizbang JR.
- The WB Jr. is a current sense module that attaches to a standard 50mv / 500a Shunt connected to the battery.
- The charger goes to Float based on End Amps.
- State of Charge (battery fuel gauge)
- Net +/- battery amp-hours logged daily.
Twin Mode: Single PV array. So, only one Kid will affect the PWM in the MPPT algorithm and the other one is just switching its power center.
Sync Mode: Each kid is actually individually dealing with its own PV array. So, if you had 16 kids and think you would have 16 individual DC sources feeding each kid and each one manipulates that sources individually to maximize it. The only thing they do is coordinating the battery voltage and when to go to flow.
(let’s say you have 3 kids, and one of the Kid’s string got damaged, the other two are going to keep working just perfectly).